Cavity Sliding Units
Out-of-sight cavity sliders are another way to create space and style in a room. While a traditional sliding door opens into a room, the cavity sliding door slides within the frame and disappears into a compartment within the wall.
Popular in the Victorian era to close off parlours and sitting rooms to create comfortable gathering areas, these doors conveniently slide and hide away into the wall cavity. Today, cavity sliding doors are used for a variety of reasons – both for practical and aesthetic purposes.
- Very versatile units for easy access to the outdoors
- Units can be opened fully or partially for airflow in a particular room
- No obstruction of views when opened or closed as the doors retracts almost fully into the cavity
- No worries about doors slamming closed
- Most units are bottom rolling, but internal units can be manufacture with top-hung rollers.
- Heavy duty rollers used for easy sliding
- Hook locks for better security
- Frames for single doors 145mm wide with 44mm doors
- Cavity section boxed to prevent cement or rubble to get into cavity
- Best hardware available locally used. Finish on hardware brass or satin
- European lift and slide system for weatherproofing and better energy efficiency can also be supplied
- All units can be supplied pre-sealed (primer undercoat or 2 coats clear sealant) before delivery. Final coats by client
- All units can be supplied pre-glazed (single glazing) or glass can be installed on site after installation of units is complete (double glazed units only)
- Recommend to be used when fully under cover and protected from heavy rain