Entrance & Patio Doors
External Doorframes :
It is mostly the item that no one notices, but it is a vitally important part of the construction of any door unit. It should be able to take different designs and thicknesses of doors, be manufactured with enough strength to carry the weight of the doors and also be big enough to take the size of hinges and length of screws needed to hang the doors. The frames will account for a big part of the energy efficiency of your home as the seals are mostly fitted to these external frames. At Cape Dutch we manufacture a wide variety of frame sections for specific applications.
- Manufactured to a minimum section of 90×70
- Fitted with draught seals
- Sills manufactured 44mm or 70mm thick
- Arched frames can easily be manufactured and to any specification
- Manufactured from solid hardwood
- All frames can be supplied pre-sealed (primer & undercoat or 2 coats clear sealant) before delivery. Final coats by client.
External Doors :
Secure the entrance to your home with a high quality entrance door and make a lasting first impression. A wide selection of door styles and finishes can be manufactured to suit any style of home you want to create. We highly recommend that weatherbars are fitted to the bottom of these doors and drop seals fixed underneath all exterior doors to help prevent water and wind penetration, thus creating a snug and cosy home and an obvious saving in your energy bill.
- All doors manufactured to a minimum thickness of 44mm
- Panels for doors are either raised & fielded, flat panels or T&G
- Panels manufactured 22mm or 32mm thick, depending on the type of panel used and thickness of doors
- Door styles are mostly 105mm or 145mm with 210mm bottom rails
- We recommend doors wider that 1000mm and higher than 2400mm to be manufactured 62mm thick for better stability
- Arched doors can easily be manufactured and to any specification
- All doors can be supplied pre-sealed (primer & undercoat or 2 coats clear sealant) before delivery. Final coats by client.
- All doors can be supplied pre-glazed (single glazing) or glass can be installed on site after installation of doors is complete (double glazed units only)